A&BCommercial Tire Services offer an impressive selection of tires from the best brands in the business for car, truck or SUV. Also stock a variety of specialty tires for nearly every need- industrial, commercial, OTR and farm tires. Call Us Now 440-478-1205
Tire Problems to Look For During a Visual Inspection
- Over inflation: Too much air pressure causes mostly the tire's middle section to contact the road. This creates wear primarily in the center of the tread, with less wear at the tire's edges.
- Under inflation: Too little air pressure causes mostly the tire's outer edges to contact the road. This creates wear primarily on both edges of the tire tread, with less wear in the center.
- Tread wear on one edge of the tire: This typically occurs when the wheels are out of alignment.
- Erratic tread wear: This is often called cupping, and may mean the wheel is out of balance, or that the shock absorbers or other suspension components need to be replaced.
- Raised portion of the tread or sidewall: May indicate that one of the belts in the tire carcass has separated from those next to it.